Hello, strangers!

Hello, stranger...

This is a private (from time to time) blog for my cinematic obsessions and scintillating (one-sided) reflections about movies. Feel yourself at home!

18 mai 2015

Stay for the credits (2) [Don't Look Now]

Screenshot from Don't Look Now* (dir. Nicolas Roeg/1973)

Screenshot from Oslo, 31. august** (dir. Joachim Trier/2011)

Don’t Look Now is one of my all time favorites. I’ve named my production company after Don’t Look Now. It’s a masterpiece. It’s about grief, it’s about relationships, it’s about time and memory, the sort of themes that I’m obsessed with. (...) Watching Don’t Look Now made me understand how you could combine genres. This is kind of horror movie with a great philosophical approach to the form of cinema.” (Joachim Trier)

*  filmul are la bază o povestire de Daphne Du Maurier (Rebecca, Birds)
** adaptare foarte liberă a unui roman de Pierre Drieu La Rochelle - Le feu follet - deja transpus pe ecran de Louis Malle, în 1963