Hello, strangers!

Hello, stranger...

This is a private (from time to time) blog for my cinematic obsessions and scintillating (one-sided) reflections about movies. Feel yourself at home!

11 martie 2013

Monday Monologues (LXXIII)


Anything is possible. It is night on planet earth and I'm alive. And someday I'll be dead. Someday I'll just be bones in a box, but right now, I'm not. And anything is possible. And that's why I can go to New York with Sooze because each moment can just be what it is. 

There's no failure, there's no mistake. 

I just, I just go there and live there and what happens, happens. And so, right now I'm getting naked and I'm not afraid. You know? I don't, I don't need money, man. 

I don't, I don't even need, I don't even need a future. I, I could knock out all of my teeth with a hammer. So what? You know, I could poke my eyes out. I'd still be alive, you know? At least I'd know that I was doing something real for two or three seconds, you know? It's all about feat and I'm not afraid anymore, man. 

Fuck it! Fuck fear!” [Giovanni Ribisi în rolul lui Jeff, un loser simpatic rostind elucubraţii metafizice în SubUrbia (dir. Richard Linklater/1996), o excelentă şi în acelaşi timp subestimată dramedie focusată pe tribulaţiile unor adolescenţi obosiţi de viaţă, undeva în Texas, la mijlocul anilor 90 (aş mai putea spune şi că SubUrbia e una din cele mai depresive comedii ce capturează acel suburban teen angst pe seama căruia o întreagă generaţie de tineri americani, dar nu numai - post-generaţia X - şi-a pus eşecurile)]

Secvenţa de mai jos e bonus şi conţine încă o arie a ratării, perorată de acelaşi Jeff. În CV-ul lui Linklater, SubUrbia e între Before Sunrise şi The Newton Boys, fiind, de asemenea, şi primul film în care nu apare ca scenarist (scenariul e scris de Eric Bogosian care, de fapt, şi-a adaptat piesa de teatru).


Iar acel „Fuck Fear!” din finalul primului monolog este echivalentul lui „(...) I swear we are infinite” din The Perks of Being a Wallflower (dir. Stephen Chbosky/2012), mai ales că ambele filme sunt subsumabile aceluiaşi filon tematic: generaţia debusolată a anilor 90 şi nevrozele sale urbane.