Hello, strangers!

Hello, stranger...

This is a private (from time to time) blog for my cinematic obsessions and scintillating (one-sided) reflections about movies. Feel yourself at home!

23 mai 2011

Monday Monologues (XXXV) - ediţie specială

Dacă tot a ieşit The Tree of Life cel mai bun film la Cannes anul ăsta (foarte degrabă franţuzitul de Niro n-a apărut în nici un film de Malick, dar ceva îmi spune că şi-ar fi dorit!), monologul de azi e în siajul acestui eveniment ce va suscita multă vreme comentarii aprinse de focurile (încrucişate) pro şi contra. E din Badlands, în opinia mea cel mai complet/închegat/bun film al lui Malick so far (n-am văzut încă palmdorizatul, se-nţelege!), chit că nu m-a lovit pe o anumită coardă (acea coardă!) aşa cum a făcut-o The Thin Red Line pe care n-am avut curajul anii buni să-l revăd (până astă vară când s-au întâmplat nişte lucruri ce mi-au pus fundamental sub semnul întrebării nişte valori în care credeam)! Anyway, iată monologul pregătit şi mai vorbim după...

The day was quiet and serene but I didn’t notice, for I was deep in thought, and not even thinking about how to slip off. The world was like a faraway planet to which I could never return. I thought what a fine place it was, full of things that people can look into and enjoy. (...) 

 One day, while taking a look at some vistas in Dad's stereopticon, it hit me that I was just this little girl, born in Texas, whose father was a sign painter, who only had just so many years to live. It sent a chill down my spine and I thought where would I be this very moment, if Kit had never met me? Or killed anybody... this very moment... if my mom had never met my dad... if she had never died. And what's the man I'll marry gonna look like? What's he doing right this minute? Is he thinking about me now, by some coincidence, even though he doesn't know me? Does it show on his face? For days afterwards I lived in dread. Sometimes I wished I could fall asleep and be taken off to some magical land, and this never happened.” (Sissy Spacek as Holly Sargis in Badlands, dir. Terrence Malick, 1973)


P.S.: Apropo de „love is...”! Aş fi pus textul de mai jos, tot monolog as a matter of fact, dacă l-aş fi găsit într-un film decent (eu nu îmi aduc aminte a-l fi întâlnit în altă parte decât în A Walk to Remember care nu că ar fi indecent, dar nu intră în vederile mele oricât mi-aş acoperi ochii): 

Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not its own, is not provoked, taketh not account of evil; rejoiceth not in unrighteousness, but rejoiceth with the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Love never faileth.”