Hello, strangers!

Hello, stranger...

This is a private (from time to time) blog for my cinematic obsessions and scintillating (one-sided) reflections about movies. Feel yourself at home!

13 decembrie 2010

Monday Monologues (XXIV)


Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong, and somehow I was wrong about everything. (George Clooney as Chris Kelvin in Steven Soderbergh's cold & hypnotic version of Solaris, 2002)

And here she goes mesmerizing me...


Chris... Chris, I wish you would just let them use the device on me. And then you can go back to Earth and you can tell everybody all about Solaris. It's the only solution that makes any sense. We could never have a life together on Earth, Chris. You know that. It would be impossible. And this? What kind of life is this? Trapped here. It's not a life. I dont't know what to call it. (Natascha McElhone as Rheya Kelvin)