Hello, strangers!

Hello, stranger...

This is a private (from time to time) blog for my cinematic obsessions and scintillating (one-sided) reflections about movies. Feel yourself at home!

14 iunie 2010

Monday monologue (III)

"Every passenger who goes to 2046 has the same intention. They want to recapture lost memories. (...) Before, when people had secrets they didn't want to share, they'd climb a mountain, they'd find a tree and carve a hole in it and whisper the secret into the hole, then cover it over with mud. That way, nobody else would ever discover it. I once fell in love with someone. After a while, she wasn't there. I went to 2046. I thought she might be waiting for me there. But I couldn't find her. I can't stop wondering if she loved me or not, but I never found out. Maybe her answer was like a secret that no one else would ever know.


All memories are traces of tears."
(Chow Mo Wan în 2046/r. Wong Kar Wai, 2004)