Hello, strangers!

Hello, stranger...

This is a private (from time to time) blog for my cinematic obsessions and scintillating (one-sided) reflections about movies. Feel yourself at home!

13 iulie 2013

Cvasimilitudini (LXV) [Corbi împăiaţi şi alte păsări]

I Am Crow by Kirby Slatter (via kirbysattler.sattlerartprint.com)



Promotional still from The Lone Ranger (dir. Gore Verbinski/2013)

It just so happened Sattler had painted a bird flying directly behind the warrior’s head. It looked to me like it was sitting on top. I thought: Tonto’s got a bird on his head. It’s his spirit guide in a way. It’s dead to others, but it’s not dead to him. It’s very much alive.” (Johnny Depp/Tonto dezvăluind/admiţând evidenta sursă de inspiraţie pentru outfit-ul personajului său din The Lone Ranger, via insidemovies.ew.com)

„The portraits I paint are composites created from a variety of visual references coupled with my imagination. While being broadly based in a historical context, my paintings are not intended to be viewed as historically accurate. I used the combination of face paint and headdress as an artistic expression to symbolize the subject’s essence and his affinity to the Crow.” (Kirby Sattler despre geneza picturilor sale, via insidemovies.ew.com)

***
Pandantul din subconştient

Screenshots from Psycho (dir. Sir Alfred Hitchcock/1960)