Hello, strangers!

Hello, stranger...

This is a private (from time to time) blog for my cinematic obsessions and scintillating (one-sided) reflections about movies. Feel yourself at home!

29 iunie 2012

Lexicon Wong Kar Wai (8)


I loved the cinema as a child. The attraction was that I could always lose myself in that re-created world: to cry, to laugh, to get angry, to feel deprived - and I enjoyed those feelings tremendously. I really do not think it matters much if my films are critically well-received or not. What is essential is that I want my audience to leave the cinema having enjoyed the film, and that means the whole world to me. What cinema has offered me, I dearly wish to pass it on to others.” (Wong Kar Wai în making of-ul filmului Days of Being Wild)


I hoped to make the picture in black and white and I wanted the light to be very weak, without contrast, as in the paintings of Edward Hopper.” (Wong Kar Wai)