Hello, strangers!

Hello, stranger...

This is a private (from time to time) blog for my cinematic obsessions and scintillating (one-sided) reflections about movies. Feel yourself at home!

23 august 2010

Monday Monologue (XII)

This can't last. This misery can't last. I must remember that and try to control myself. Nothing lasts really. Neither happiness nor despair. Not even life lasts very long. There'll come a time in the future when I shan't mind about this anymore, when I can look back and say quite peacefully and cheerfully how silly I was. No, no, I don't want that time to come ever. I want to remember every minute, always, always to the end of my days. (Celia Johnson as Laura Jesson in David Lean's movie feature Brief Encounter/1945)

P.S.: La vremea aceea, Lean nu putea încheia acest film decât convenţional, previzibil. Nu era momentul să rişte un scandal cu un final ambiguu sau de-a dreptul ultragiant pentru moravurile unei epoci răvăşite de război. La aproape 65 de ani distanţă, sfârşitul ales de
Luca Guadagnino pentru al său Io sono l'amore nu mai şochează pe nimeni (iar Tilda Swinton e magistrală).