Hello, strangers!

Hello, stranger...

This is a private (from time to time) blog for my cinematic obsessions and scintillating (one-sided) reflections about movies. Feel yourself at home!

14 ianuarie 2011

Savides, A.S.C.

Pentru că nu se poate trece așa ușor peste Somewhere, chiar dacă unii n-au avut nici o ezitare să dea cu el de pereți. Cum zicea cineva, e mult mai ușor să desființezi un film decât să-l aperi (nu mă refer aici la orice film, logic).


 

Q: You said in one interview that you like rooms, not people.
Harris Savides: Oh, I regret saying that. Although it's kind of a truth. I see a space, light it, and then have the actors live in that space or do whatever they need to do when they enter that space for the story. I don't want to light their faces and their bodies specifically. I like to light the space. (via)